MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, October 3, 2015

FNWF

Last night was our virtual sewing night in blogland hosted by the lovely  Cheryll from Gone Stitching. She once again left the key under the mat so we could let ourselves in and have fun...so trusting lol!
Hubby and I were on babysitting duty last evening and so I  knew I wouldn't get any stitching done so I had a FAWF instead.
After making a gaff with the  amount of small hexie flowers I needed for my Roma quilt I had lost momentum. So I  laid out what I had for a little ponder.

I quite liked this layout and I had enough flowers and more importantly it meant that I could move on...so I trimmed off the gorgeous FG charm squares (a gift from Cheryll) and sewed them together.

I am pleased with the result....
I am going to  applique something in the corners but ...still thinking. My next dilemma is the next row. I was trying not to  have solid borders but I think it may need it. Plus I have to try and keep the dimensions so that all the other bigger applique blocks will fit. I am so not mathematically minded...lots to consider still.
I hope you enjoyed your stitching evening too.
Thank you  Cheryll.
I am off to an art workshop on "back to basics with graphite pencils" 
Enjoy your day.
Namaste and Blessings
Michelle xxx

24 comments:

  1. It's going to be another wonderful quilt I'm sure Michelle knowing your talent. So pleased the FG came into play too... Who doesn't LoVe FG.
    Hope you found all the treats I left FNWF-ers... Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Can't wait to see where you're going with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well so far it is stunning..look forward to the next section..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great problem solving. The result looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking lovely Michelle - Have you thought of a very narrow plain border, almost like piping? I found it very useful on my medallion quilt to separate the busier areas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colors and applique design Michelle.
    Love the layour a lot.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely Michelle, hope you enjoy your workshop

    ReplyDelete
  8. You flimsy looks beautiful and yes I do think it needs a solid border before more pieced blocks..
    Oh you would have had a great time at your workshop..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roma is coming along beautifully. I think it may need a solid border too, or perhaps something pieced with scraps from the same colour/tone. I'm sure whatever you choose will work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so lovely, it's going to be a beautiful quilt when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking lovely. Hope you enjoyed your class.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice Michelle.....and thank you for warming the seat for me with your FAWF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Roma quilt is gorgeous! I agree, a solid border with some applique.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Michelle,wow i love your quilt,its looking fantastic,well done my friend and i hope you have a fun workshop xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A successful Friday afternoon Michelle.... looking great and I'm sure the maths will sort itself out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking lovely Michelle...I'm sure you'll sort it out...its that darn seam allowance that makes it tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely pondering there Michelle, it's looking gorgeous so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.