MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, January 24, 2011

A quote I loved

I read this quote and I can't remember where so I apologise for not giving credit to it's finder to whom I am very grateful. I hope they will excuse me for being so bold. So thank you.
"Clutter is the poetry of our homes. It is an intimate view that is not always perfect..... dishes in the sink, books piled next to the bed (half stitched projects everywhere or is that just me?). Everything in it's place may give a certain satisfaction but a lived in room exudes comfort and warmth"
Mary Randolph Carter - author of "A perfectly kept house is a misspent life".
Being quite the clutterbug this little quote spoke to my heart.

2 comments:

  1. I love it, Michelle! Suits me to a tee, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy, it's great isn't it. I am going to try and sus out her book in my local library. I think it's nicer than "Housework makes you ugly" even if it's true.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.