MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, February 4, 2011

I love scrappy quilts

I have been on a mission lately to reduce my stash of fabric (so I can buy more of course). Anyway I have had a thoroughly lovely time going through my fabrics. I have a comission to do for Country Threads magazine and I gave myself a little challenge not to buy any fabric for it and to use my stash. You know all those 1/2 metre and 1/4 metre pieces you had to buy at your local quilt shop's sale and put away and forgot. Well! I sorted them all out (some of them anyway) and away I went and I just finished putting together a very cute little country applique quilt (even if I do say so myself) and it's already for quilting. Sorry I can't show you a preview you'll have to take my word for it. So keep any eye out for it later in the year. I really love the look of scrappy quilts and I had such fun remembering outings when this and that were purchased and who was my partner in crime at the time.
I finished off my day catching up with my old work friends to celebrate a very special birthday for one of them. All in all a great day. Happy 60th J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.