MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Misty mountain

We decided because it was showery in Brisbane today we would go for a drive up to Toowoomba and out to Highfields for lunch. We had a delicous BLT at a cafe called Marzy's coffee shop. My husband and I are passionate BLT munchers so we know a good one when we get one. We then had a piece of homemade coffee and hazelnut cake for dessert. OHH! Devine! After we hauled ourselves out of our chairs I felt an overwhelming desire for new fabric so we headed off futher up the road to the Village Green where the Quilters Angel patchwork shop lives. I sent Husband off to buy the handmade chocolates from the old schoolhouse cafe and I had a wonderful time. I bought some lovely fabric and some beautiful trims. It is a gorgeous shop and I always come away very inspired.
My aim was to also take some lovely photos to show you how pretty it is up there even when it's showery but I didn't count on the misty rain and not being able to see anything as my 1st photo will show. We came home via a little town called Esk and had to detour around a very fast rushing creek photo2. We took a photo of Wivenhoe dam photo3 and can't believe how full it  looked even after recent releases. We also felt a sense of sadness for all those who lost their loved ones and homes in the devastating floods.
It is such a beautiful spot  with lots of lovely arts and crafts and nice coffee places so if you get a chance you should go for a visit. I know visitors enjoying what they have to offer would certainly be appreciated. Photo 4  some of my booty. All in all despite the rain and mist we had a great day and now I'm off to enjoy a cuppa with my handmade choccy. No wonder I am a well built girl.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Michelle - I was at Quilting Angel yesterday.... glad you had a good day... still wet and windy up here...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.