MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday's Teddy Bears Picnic with Melody

Flora is all set for the picnic today she has her favourite teacup quilt to sit on, her favourite cup and saucer and her very favourite bikkies.....white choc "chunkies" with chocolate drizzles. She did bring an extra to share. Flora is another bear made as a gift for me by my friend Ann. I have lots of Ann bears as I have known her for a very long time and she knows I can't resist a lovely handmade bear.
Flora is mohair and has a skirt and scarf made from vintage embroidered fabric in a lovely peach colour.
Her cup and saucer and little dish were gifts from my Mum when she went to the UK and stayed with friends in Derby..... this is "Royal Crown Derby" and the design is "Derby Posies". I have a big persons cup and saucer, a lidded sugar bowl and creamer and a dear little bud vase in this design. Flora loves it too and her little cup and saucer were just right for a picnic. We are off to visit Melody to see who else will be at the picnic today at http://thehouseonthesideofthehill.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. Michelle, Flora is gorgeous. Love her quilt and tea cup set too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flora looks very comfortable on her pretty quilt with lovely fancy teacup and biscotti.... I'm bringing chocolate so becareful she doesn't mess!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flora is delightful and it is kind of her to share her biscuits. I love the idea that the tea set is produced both in adult size and miniature too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful and so is the china. I always love your pictures. Thanks for playing today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flora is such a sweetie Michelle, I love her Quilt and Pretty China too. Cheers R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet is Flora along with her gorgeous quilt and teacup. So happy she is bringing those delicious cookies to share. Nice to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Flora and the gorgeous quilt she is sitting on.
    Happy stitching,Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flora is beautiful sitting there on her very pretty quilt , I am sure she had a terrific time at the picnic .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.