MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, August 26, 2011

Favourite things Friday and Tea for Six.

My Favourite thing this Friday is a sweet little Tea Shop called "The Willows Tea Room" situated at Mt Gravatt Central a few suburbs away from my home. http://www.thewillowstearoom.com.au/
I went there for morning tea with some of my lovely friends for morning tea.
The Tea Room has a lovely 'olde world' charm about it with lovely linen gracing every table. We each had a delicious Devonshire Tea with lashings of jam and cream and the choice of one of the extensive range of teas available. All served in and on the most exquisite vintage china and REAL napkins. I was in heaven!
Our lovely waitress Lee turned out to be a fellow yogini I had had the pleasure of meeting at a friends once before. We're everywhere!!!
"The Willows" friendly and welcoming Proprietor "Rosalyn" hopes that "people will come with family and friends and enjoy the atmosphere and relax over a pot of tea and a delicious scone or cake"
The girls and I certainly did that and some. Lots of chatting and laughter and next time  a few of us are going back to have a tarot card reading as well as the morning tea. Rosalyn even has a lovely gift area to have a little browse in. I loved a lovely old dresser which held a collection of china jugs and teapots (sorry forgot to get a pic) and a great sign that I had to get a photo with. I am getting a little worried about myself because I am certainly embracing "it's all about me" lately! Anyway!
Thanks Rosalyn for a great morning in your lovely Tea Room we will certainly be back we throughly enjoyed ourselves....the company I kept certainly helped a lot too.
Thanks and Namaste to Lee for looking after us so well.
Warmness and loveliness await inside.
Isn't this tablecloth just gorgeous and you know how I love a beaded cover and cute little sugar tongs too!
Our lovely Hostess and Proprietor Rosalyn preparing another lovely cup of tea!
Now you can understand my temptation. This was my teacup.
Jacky and Gaye enjoying morning tea (look at the china) YUM!
I loved this sign
My friends were worried I would have to be frisked on the way out for contraband vintage teacups upon my person but I was very good and no such embarrassment ocurred.
What is your favourite thing this Friday visit SHAY who hosts "Favourite Things Friday" and see what other Favourites are being expressed.
Blessings Michelle
P.S. You will notice that I am wearing my new scarf and earrings...favourites also.

17 comments:

  1. looks like a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever down that way, it looks fabulous.
    Glad you didn't need to be frisked!!!! Sounds like you had a lovely morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lovely tea shop. I love the vintage cups, etc. Sounds like a brilliant day out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh that looks lovely. Love the vintage cups makes me want to get nanna's out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that sounds like it might be worth a trip across town to visit.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a lovely tea room. There's not many things that beat a good cuppa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even drink tea, but that place looks wonderful and has SO much charm!!
    Such a great FTF :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely! I'd stop in there and never leave. I can see why it's a favourite. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful place. Happy FTF! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how delightful this tea room is , you must have felt like a princess especially with your new scarf and matching earrings. Gorgeous teacups I sure would have enjoyed a cuppa with you gals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tea room looks wonderful. Your table was beautiful in purple/lavender heaven. Sounds like ya'll had great fun.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like my kind of place too! I bet you almost squealed when you saw the tablecloth with your love of all things lavender.

    What a lovely way to spend some time - vintage teacups, scones and excellent company!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds lovely... so nice to have tea in such prettiness... and of course with prettiness friends...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like a perfect morning to me! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like a fabulous place! I love that sign too. You look marvelous, dah-ling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Post Michelle..OOhh Aahh I Love the Look of that Teahouse..must check it Out!!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely outing Michelle and i understand about the china,just beautiful and i am glad you behaved yourself,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Michelle,

    Oh this place really does sound like heaven. Real napkins and tablecloths with cups etc. You will have to go back to take a photo of what was on that dresser.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.