MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday's Treasure with Melody and Soooo Glad to be Home!

Well folks I have almost missed Tuesday's Treasures with MELODY, after a couple of attempts we finally made it home safe although a wee bit damp. Today we were lucky enough to get through to Gympie but had to detour through Kennilworth as the Mary River had cut off the Bruce Highway with flood waters. Yesterday we had to turn back after Maryborough as the Highway was cut in many places. My heart goes out to all those effected by the flood waters in  QLD, NSW & VIC we were only inconvienced which is nothing in the scheme of things. It took us completely by surprise. We were having a lovely old time until the deluge came on Sunday night. I have never heard or seen such heavy rain. I took a couple of pics trying to get out Monday.....
There was fast flowing water everywhere across the road so we turn tailed and headed back to Mum's.
Which brings me to my Treasure this week. Melody and I are once again in sync. It is my Mum's apple pie. I know I have raved about it before and it is probably not primped like the fancy restaurant ones but I defy anyone to tell me they have tasted better. We gobbled it all up and didn't even leave a crumb.

Now my Mum loves to feed you until your eyes fall out because there is no more room so you have to have two kinds of ice cream as well.
I had a wonderful time with my Mum and of course came home with a bag full of treasures which I will share with you in later posts.....you trying saying 'no' to my Mum. We had a very Yummy lunch at "The Boat Club" which is my Hubby's favourite place to eat when we visit.
I also got to revisit another favourite childhood haunt which I will save for my Friday Favourite.
It was a lovely break but as always I am glad to be tucked up in my simple old shack safe, dry and warm.
Blessings to all,
Michelle xx

15 comments:

  1. So glad you got home safely. My heart goes out to everyone threatened by the floods. After my Christmas night I know how scary it can be.
    Your mum's apple pie does look delicious. I do love pies. Just thinking of it makes my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How good that you are home safely and how sad for everyone effected by the floods. The apple pie looks so delicious, there is something very special about a mum's cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at really heavy rain but not when terrible floods are the consequence. It must have been a bit scary for you surrounded by all that water.
    Your Mum's pie looks awesome. There is nothing better than a really good homemade apple pie - and that is that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you got back safe Michelle and yours mum's pie looks so yummy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got home safe and sound, albeit a little damp. With lovely memories of your mum's apple pie too.
    All this rain is just unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear you are home safe and sound. Have been watching the nightly news.... my thoughts go out to the families during the floods

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I so miss my mum's apple pie, the pastry use to just melt in your mouth, mine never tastes the same. Glad you got home safe, water is so unpredictable. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a Nice Time at the Bay regardless of the weather...the Boat Club was our fav too especially the crumbed Prawns...Jealous!!
    saw that they were having heavy falls up there glad you made it home safely...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a Nice Time at the Bay regardless of the weather...the Boat Club was our fav too especially the crumbed Prawns...Jealous!!
    saw that they were having heavy falls up there glad you made it home safely...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry damn thing was too slow so I just kept hitting the publish button...woops!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank goodness you got home safely & your home was not affected. Flooding is such a strange concept for us in Perth. Mum's apple pie sounds wonderful, pity they are still to invent smellavision internet! Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So good to hear you arrived home safely. Lucky you got through at Kenilworth. I had a friend stay with me last night as she couldn't get home which is near Kenilworth as all the roads were flooded.
    I drove up from Brisbane yesterday in that rain, it wasn't fun, and there was a fair bit of water on the road, but not enough to cause too much of a problem with the traffic.
    That apple pie looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my I had not heard of the flooding in Australia ,the weather all over the world is crazy these days ,kind of scary. Glad you made it home safely after a lovely visit with your Mom and I can imagine the pie is delicious , nothing quite like your mothers cooking is there . hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  14. Apple Pie ! Yum....

    Mum's cooking is the very best cooking there is.

    Glad you made it home safe and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My daughter who is in British Columbia in Canada on the coast was camping and said it rained so hard it was like being in a tropical downpour. Australia has certainly had its share of flooding the last years. The pie looks delicious. Apple is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.