MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow.

Being somewhat cooler today and even a little sprinkle of rain...lovely, I was having a little investigation of a burst of colour outside my front door. Turns out my sweet little orchids are coming into bloom.
They are beginning to peek out everywhere.
They always make me smile. They are so delicate and just so pretty.
I was up early this morning as it was time to baste the 'Strawberry Quilt'.....
I got it all done before breakfast. Feeling pretty pleased with myself I thought I would keep going and baste No 1 grandson's I spy after breakfast and isn't it always the way 3 pieces of different sized batting and all a smidge to small...aarrghh! Normally I would add a bit here or there but as it is to be well and truly loved I wanted it to be in one piece. So just as I was assessing the deviation in my mornings plans my lovely friend Ann arrived from up the coast for a coffee and a chat while she waited for her DH to come out of surgery (get better quick Mr H.) Isn't it wonderful how the sight of a friends face just turns your day around.
We had a good old catchup and chat not to mention a very nice morning tea.
On the stitching front I have done a little more on my Easter mini and Bunny now has a face.
I also finished another journal.....I am starting to think maybe I have a problem already....can't seem to stop as there is another waiting in the wings as I type.
It actually looks prettier in real life and doesn't have it's gizzards yet. Sorry! Notebook.
Well I am off to clean up my dining room table and put away the non fitting wadding and I Spy quilt until I can get some more. I also think I am going to be tied to a certain Strawberry quilt and a hoop as a deadline looms quickly ahead.
Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.
Blessings Michelle xx

25 comments:

  1. A very cute bunny - lovely orchids. I hope this notebook cover fits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely day. Was it a day off or are you retired?

    ReplyDelete
  3. your strawberry quilt looks gorgeous and how cute is that bunny,well done with your journals michelle.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful orchids. Love the bunny stitchery - so cute. Hugs,xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that bunny! Nice journal cover ( your shaming me into having another go lol) Sharyn:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful orchids. That type don't do well down here with the frosts etc. The bunny stitchery is cute and I love the strawberry quilt and I agree that these journals can be a little addictive lol. I re-made one this morning before work and am much happier with it now lol. I hope your friends DH has come out of surgery well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bunny and journal are just so sweet. I love that little bird shape. A morning spent with a friend is always a pleasant diversion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely border on your strawberriy quilt an I like your bunnie it's seems so cute. You have a lot of flowers there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your orchid is so sweet - lovely colour. At least you got one quilt basted but a shame about the non-fitting batting, you were on such a roll!! Your stitchery and your notebook cover are so cute - hope the weather stays pleasant so you can achieve even more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how wonderful to have those orchids flowering.
    Lovely look at your strawberry quilt. Your mini collection is coming along beautifully.
    how lovely of your friend to pop in-hope her husband's op went well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh how pretty are those orchids!!
    Hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your lovely journals are breeding like rabbits....
    and the stitchery rabbit is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your orchids are beautiful and so delicate. Your bunny is looking so cute, and strawberry quilt is gorgeous. Lovely to share morning tea with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How wonderful to see your orchids in bloom. Here in Canada right now out my window on this absolutely frigid day all I see is snow. Good day to stay in and sew. You must have more hours in a day than we do with all the beautiful work you accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of gorgeous things. Love that little bunny

    ReplyDelete
  16. So.....the Easter bunny is a girl! Now we know!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a busy girl you've been. Love the bunny too... and your quilts are looking gorgeous. It's always NiCe to have a friend call in!
    EnJoY your new day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. your orchids are so pretty.. so annoying when the wadding just doesn't fit!! love thelook of your stitching and the notebook with a little fat bird...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  19. The orchids are beautiful. Will look forward to seeing the finished strawberry quilt. I'd say you have the start of an addiction with your journal covers but I am the same so welcome to the club. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  20. The orchid flowers are gorgeous, the strawberry quilt is devine, the bunny is so cute and love the journal cover.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Michelle! Your strawberry quilt is looking 'sweet n juicy'! :0) Can't wait til it's big reveal. Glad you enjoyed a playdate with your lovely friend too ... it sure can cheer a gal up to catch up with dear friends! Have a happy, stitchy Aussie Day weekend - Bear Hugs! KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful orchids , pretty color. Too bad about not enough wadding but an easy fix . Your little bunny is just too cute , love his little face . Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous little flowers. Love the strawberry quilt :) Your Easter mini is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The orchids are so pretty. What a gorgeous colour!
    The Easter stitchery is sweet, too. You are well organised months ahead!
    Good luck with the Strawberry Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the little bunnies face - cute stitching.
    Funny you should mention your journal covers are tight, mine always end up loose!
    Enjoy the strawberry quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.