MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday's Treasures with Melody

Today I am linking up with my dear friend Melody for Tuesday's Treasures where we all get to share something or someone we treasure. What are you sharing???
My treasure today concerns my Mum. Most of you that are regular readers of my blog will know she recently turned 80. This was quite a milestone for anyone but considering my Mum is a breast cancer survivor of nearly 30 years it was extra special. My Mum decided she wanted to give each of her children a little gift as a memento to mark the occassion. My gift was a lovely china coffee mug in it's own lovely box.
So pretty! And you all know how much I hate pretty china....not!
I love this little memento of my Mum's special day and it is a reminder of the odds she overcame to be here and how fortunate we are that she did. So My Mum and her little gift is what I am treasuring.

On the sewing front a little sneaky peek.....
I really seem to be going through an even bigger 'red' phase than usual at the moment. Not complaining..Love it.
A question: Do any of you out there have fabric that you adore ( I know silly question) that you get out all fired up, look at it, stroke it, whisper sweet nothings to it and then promptly put it back in the box until next time.....
I know most of you have made wondrous things with this range already and I had planned to but  the 'just right' design for it evades me. So....yep it's back in the box. Very frustrating as I love it to bits. If it doesn't speak to me soon it is going to become a cover for the campervan.
That's it from me. I shall take my frustration and put it to use on all of  the admin stuff I have to do today.
I wish you a day worthy of you....."Magnificent!!!"
Blessings Michelle xxx

21 comments:

  1. a gorgeous gift from your mum.
    don't fight the redwork, can you ever have enough redwork?
    that is going to be the poshest campervan cover ever! just be patient the right project will come along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous of your mum to give out gifts on her birthday and your is beautiful. I'm a huge French General fan but I do use my stash. A good excuse to keep adding to it,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the china. Gorgeous. Love redwork & love to see your. It's all i seem to be stitching lately too. :) Hugs.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty china Michelle and a very lovely treasure from your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "If it doesn't speak to me soon it is going to become a cover for the camper van". I'll bet that doesn't happen any time soon!! I have seen a car cover made from patchwork squares - in the Brisbane suburbs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special treasure from your Mum. It is a very pretty mug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful mug from a beautiful lady. I'm sure you'll continue to treasure it. On the fabric front ,I too love the French General fabrics & it keeps multiplying in my drawer, but I don't want to cut it up, I know I'll have to at some stage. Love all your redwork.
    lyn.robyn.smith@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty mug and box! In my online group special fabric is known as 'holy fabric'....too precious to cut. Use it up and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mum sounds like a real sweetie. I thought everyone had beautiful pieces of fabric they can't bear to use. I'm sure something will come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cup is gorgeous and I hope it comes out every now and then and you enjoy a hot drink.
    I know what you mean about special fabric....my problem is I have too many specials!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the feeling of wanting just the right project for that special fabric. Think that is why the stash gets ever bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful special gift from your mum, your favourite fabric is lovely too. I actually used a tiny piece of one of my very fave fabrics just the other day to make an owl beanbag...........was a little sad to cut into it, but now that I have I can forsee lots of lovely owl themed projects on the horizon.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your china mug, I always use a china mug, tea tastes much better out of china! Find a nice pattern for a quilt then you can sit and stroke the fabric every day without having to put it away......that's what I did with mine. My quilt sits on the back of the settee and gets touched and admired daily :-) Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely mug and special because it is from your mum. I too have quite a few fabrics that I get out and play with then put away again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful Mug Michelle, what a lovely idea from your Mum to give a memento of her special Birthday, enjoy using it often.
    Enjoy your special fabric too, even if it is just looking and touching until the right project comes along.
    Hugs R.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Im just sitting here drooling all over my keyboard at the sight of that French General. They have the most gorgeous fabrics...

    Your Mum sounds as thoughtful as you Michelle. What a lovely way to celebrate such an important occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a pretty mug....I love the idea that you mum gave presents on her birthday!
    There are loooootttttssss of fabrics that I think are my favourites.... those French General are certainly part of it.... the right project will come in time!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful idea of your mum giving you all a gift to remember the day!!! 80 is an awesome achievement!!!especially being a cancer survivor!! I also have some fabric I just can't find the perfect project for!! Love the stitchery of the bear and is that a bow I can see on the top??
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful memory maker from Mum! Love your designs too (of course) so I look forward to viewing more of them in French General! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing your Treasures with us, Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful treasure and keepsake from your mum, Michelle. Very special. Keep up the redwork - love it! Knowing you that inspiration will come soon for the gorgeous French General fabric

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.