MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Quick Post

Just a quick post as another busy day looms. We had a busy weekend and Mr R. had a lovely aftenoon tea with the family (noisy but lovely) How our new baby slept through all the chatter and play is amazing. Nana has extremely sore legs from being the "Star Wars" catching monster...don't ask!
Of course when you have soooo many candles on your cake you need a little help to blow them all out...
You may notice the motorbike at the side of the cake. It is a family joke and is sooo old and we stick it on just about everybody's cake regardless of how fancy it may be. Do you have family silliness like this one too?
Not a lot of stitching but I have finished the little Cupcake Angel from Stitchery Keepsakes Booklet. Just have to sew her up.
As I am trying to catch up a little on WIP's I have been stitching a few of my hexies down.
Only 3 more to go and then hopefully they will morph into something lovely.
I hope you all have a wonderful day...catch you later..
Blessings Michelle xxx

14 comments:

  1. your grandsons look like they are enjoying the birthday as much as Mr R,lol.Lovely work Michelle,have a good day my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monster catcher eh! Sounds magical!
    I know you'll work wonders with your hexies... and turn them into something beautiful! EnJoY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH new baby did I miss the posting??? Is it here what was it??? Please share with me... I have 5 days to go before I become a first time Nana... Monday 27th at 9.30 by c-section... trying so hard not to be toooooo over excited xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh looks like a nice weekend with lots of fun thrown in! Looking forward to seeing what you do with your lovely hexies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you all had a fabulous time. Hugs,xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun day Michelle. Stitching beautiful as always. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. New babies can sleep through anything!! Glad that you all had such a great day and the stitching is all looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great to hear about the party... and of course I love your stitching.... hope your legs are feeling better today!!! haha... what nana's will do for their grandies!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. great to hear about the party... and of course I love your stitching.... hope your legs are feeling better today!!! haha... what nana's will do for their grandies!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a lovely afternoon, the motorbike sounds like a fun story! Lovely little angel and hexies, I look forward to seeing them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great family event. Best wishes to Mr R from both of us. Sharyn:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely pic of grandpa with his boys.
    now we will have to hear more about the star wars catching monster?
    lovely stitching and I am looking forward to seeing what those hexies become.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All birthday cakes at the old peoples house are adorned with zoo animals candle holders right out of the 1950's. Birthdays sure are fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.