MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Strawberry Fields

My issue of Country Threads Magazine arrived and I was very thrilled to see "Strawberry Fields" gracing the front cover...sorry the actual quilt is a bit crinkly. I had it folded away. Definitely no airs and graces around here. I really enjoyed creating this quilt as of course I am a big fan of lovely ripe red strawberries and we have a prime strawberry growing area not too far from where I live. I wanted it to remind you of a lovely picnic on a sunny day...
Also in this issue is a wonderful profile on our very own (well bloggy friends are our own) Deb Davison from Frog Cottage.....it is a great read. Our Deb is an amazing lady. Deb also has a lovely quilt featured called "Sunday Morning". Get yourself a copy, grab a cuppa and get to know Deb a little better.
Now as if that wasn't enough excitement when I got to the "You've got mail" section I found that 2 lovely ladies namely Illene from Retdairyqueen and Joy P. (no blog) had sent in piccies of their finished projects that they had made using my designs with lovely letters too. Thank you so much ladies you are very kind and I appreciated your lovely words so much.
Ok head out of the clouds now....I have done a little bit of sewing on the machine this morning amongst the pile of patterns I have been folding and putting in their little bags...always makes me happy :)
I finished the little journal cover for my cupcake recipes using the Cupcake Angel from my stitchery booklet
"Stitchery Keepsakes" I used the journal pattern from the Moda Bakeshop. Love that pattern!!!
Don't you just love spots???? I do. I think she is very happy with her new spotty cover. Just have to fill her pages with yummy cupcake recipes...have to wait awhile though for the new Mummy, DD with the nice handwriting to give me hand. Much more important things happening first.
Lastly but not least I can tell you that "Seasons Stitchery Mini Quilts" is now in pattern form. There are 6 designs, the 4 seasons plus Easter and Christmas as well as an extra Winter drawing for those of you who don't like "Frosties". Each quilt will fit the 12 inch x 14 inch mini table topper stand.
The cost is $16.50 Aus with free postage within Australia. I only accept Paypal for payment for overseas customers. If you wish to purchase a copy please email me.
Well folks I think that's me done for today. Back to my pattern folding.
Blessings Michelle xxx

20 comments:

  1. You are creating so many beautiful patterns lately Michelle, congrats on the magazine cover shot too! Looks lovely, hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Wendy re. the patterns. It's ok if you keep your head in the clouds a little longer - you should enjoy the rewards of all your time and talent!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you sure have been busy Michelle i have been looking out for that mag all week its not out here yet,love all your new patterns Michelle,well done,happy pattern folding.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your lovely quilt in the magazine. And on the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Michelle, on your quilt gracing the cover of Country Threads - I am currently interstate but I will look for a copy as soon as I am back home in Melbourne. Love your designs so please keep up the good work!
    hugs, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats my friend ... lovely quilt and lovely stitcheries... I have so many on my to do list already for now ...
    Cute recipe book cover... me love cupcakes! ... and polka dots!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your wonderful quilt and those great patterns. Do you ever sleep? Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on making the cover, that's great! It must be such a thrill seeing your designs made by other people, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Michele. Love you journal cover & the new pattern. Hugs,xx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yah another of your gorgeous patterns in Country Threads Michelle - looking forward to buying it as soon as its on the shelf. Great that Deb has one in there too. Your finished journal for your cupcake recipes looks great

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous new designs again. Your work just gets better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Michelle on another publication, the new booklet looks lovely.
    As for Strawberry Fields... I eagerly await my copy of the mag, so I can see it in full.
    It's a compliment to your designing that so many ladies get enjoyment in their stitching from making your designs, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Michelle,

    You can now say you are up there with Ellen and Oprah as a covergirl. I much prefer your cover over theirs. Now a whole recipe book dedicated to cupcakes, that sounds delicious.It's great to see how others interpret your work and they appreciate those hours of drawing you do.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful news, I'll try to get this issue as soon as possible :)
    Your stitcheries are so lovely!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too bad that Country Threads Magazine isn't for sale overhere, your strawberrie quilt is wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the magazine publication. It looks wonderful and it is exciting to have your quilt on the front cover.
    They should give you a regular spot in the mag as you have contributed so many wonderful projects!
    Your Season's stitcheries are looking gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Michelle (again) on another front cover!!! keep your head in the clouds, you deserve it!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Michelle (again) on another front cover!!! keep your head in the clouds, you deserve it!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes please, yes, yes, yes to the pattern :-) congrats on the mag xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.