MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

FHFS and Goodie Bags

My little "Christmas Goodie Bags" are all written up and in pattern form now.
There are 3 different stitcheries...
The cost of the pattern is $14.00 AUS plus postage for overseas customers. Just email me if you are interested. Don't forget the other new releases too!

FHFS
I belong to a lovely group of ladies and our most recent swap was 'spots' you may remember the parcel I sent off.
Well it has arrived on the doorstep of my dear friend Cheryl. As soon as I knew she was my partner I just had to work the spots into something "Christmas" as we both suffer from the same condition.....very sad! We are both big fans of Christmas decorating. The following photos are borrowed from Cheryl's lovely blog as some silly forgot to take photos before she wrapped up the parcels...
A little Frosty snoozing in a skate wall hanging....
Spotty fabrics, spotty sweets, a spotty notepad.
A little needle book (spotty background) spotty buttons and ribbon...
and lastly a spotty bookmark and a big 'spot' one of my new Christmas ornies.
This has been such a fun swap and I found myself seeing spots everywhere I went. Next one...on to some Christmas parcels!!! Thanks Cheryl for the loan of the photos.
Yesterday I had a quiet day really trying to make some progress on my new project. As I hate daytime TV..you know what I mean (funeral and accident insurance, actually any kind of insurance and worse) I usually watch a DVD. Do you have a favourite book that was made into a movie?

Mine is "Out of Africa" by Isak Dinesen. I loved the book and adore the movie...oh and the music!
Besides what's not to love ....Robert Redford and Meryl Streep!
So that was my choice yesterday....of course the moment I hear the beautiful soundtrack the eyes mist over.
It was just lovely sitting stitching and enjoying the beautiful photography and story. I got 2 blocks appliqued and so today as I am stitching with friends I thought I would finish the stitchery on them.
Have a  lovely day all, I must fly. Loved this beautiful graphic from The Crystal Castle...

Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx

25 comments:

  1. Love them. Put one in the post for me please Michelle. :). Love what you sent in the spotty swap. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle .... love them all.... what a great idea ...to go spotty

    ReplyDelete
  3. such sweet new patterns and I just love the bundle of spotty goodies you put together...day time tv is hopeless - when i'm not at the machine I like to listen to a book whilst sewing...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely gifts, Michelle. My pattern arrived yesterday - thank you, it's gorgeous - I'm hoping to trace it off this afternoon to take away on a short trip to Central West NSW and Canberra. Out of Africa has always been one of my favourite books and films and I was thrilled to visit Karen Blixen's home outside Copenhagen a few years ago, everything was arranged as if she'd just stepped out for a moment and it felt so welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle oh i love your new patterns,you are such a clever chicky,i never watch TV during the day and if i do want to do some stitching i put on my star Trek DVD's lol or the sliders,i like science fiction. Enjoy your stitching day my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sent Cheryl some beautiful gifts, Michelle. I love the little snowman peeping out of the skate! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely new patterns and lovely gifts for Cheryll . Hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful patterns Michelle. I hope you have a great day out stitching with friends too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great new patterns. Lovely swap gifts. Have a great day out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post Michelle, I love those little Goody Bags.
    I have just caught up with all your recent posts as I have just returned home from a holiday in U.S.A and Canada.
    So glad to hear Erin is doing so well, and your other little Grandies too.
    Hugs R.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely gifts you made! And even spotty sweets. Very clever, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been busy! I have never seen that movie, sounds like I would get a lump in my throat! Lovely gifts, lots of spots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely new designs Michelle,
    the gifts you made for Cheryl are gorgeous. lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Michelle, what gorgeous spotty swap gifts. What a great idea, a spotty swap :-) That appeals to me as I love all dotty things. Your new christmas bags are just gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of spots and dots, for sure! Pretty appliqué, too. I don't watch movies while I sew, but can't do so without music playing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Michelle what a gorgeous parcel you made up for Cheryl, just beautiful as are your new patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Michelle, I'm baaaack :)
    lovely post, full of goodies, and I am in love with the red spot dress Christmas dec. Is it available as a pattern? xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your swap parcel is gorgeous. Such a wonderful bundle of delightful gifts. Beautiful work.
    I try to record programs to watch during the day when I plan to sew. It works ... sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your parcel is amazing...the Chrismas bags are so darn cute

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your bundle of goodies for Cheryl was gorgeous...just love those little bags...

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely post Michelle....I love that soundtrack also....I think the same man also composed Dances with Wolves soundtrack...my all time favourite...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. mmmm, Robert Redford... he is old-school swoon-worthy!

    But back to the spots, Michelle your gifts are so lovely, all very fun & thoughtful

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic goodie parcel Michelle. Love everything you were sent. Cheryl is the bomb!

    Ugh - I know exactly what you mean about day time TV - I usually opt for watching something on my Ipad if Im home for the day and want some down time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved my most gorgeous gifts dear friend - thankyou from the bottom of my heart

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.