MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Found at Last!

Many of you who have followed my blog for a long time will remember the sad little trio that was my Nans favourite day time cuppa choice.
It had been a gift and even though the other pieces had gotten broken during one of their many house shifts, she couldn't part with it. Likewise when she died I couldn't part with it either. It started more as curiosity than anything that I would check the odd plates and saucers in 2nd hand stores and collectables stalls looking for the matching plate and saucer. I got lucky several years ago and found the plate but the saucer always eluded me.
That is until we visited Queenscliff in Victoria on our trip. I did my usual wander through, checking the odd plates.....and bingo! There was  2 saucers and a plate! For $8. I gathered them up and asked if I could buy just the saucer...NO you must take all 3. I couldn't leave them behind....so Nans set is now complete...I know she would be thrilled....
And we have spares whether we want to or not! Queenscliff you made me very happy!
Yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and print out the Splendid Sampler blocks that came out whilst I was away.....holy smoke! Looks much worse than I anticipated lol!
I also took previous ones that I had prepped with me all around the country on a lovely holiday and did nary a stitch!
As I am busy with secret sewing, progress will be slow. The good thing about stitching is that it will wait for you! So it will be one stitch at a time!
Must fly still lots of chores need doing before a quiet stitch is in order.
Have a lovely day.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx


24 comments:

  1. How wonderful you found your Nan's plate - and some extras too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now, that was lucky! I keep hoping to find a tea cup to replace a cracked cup in my mother's wedding present tea set, but so far no luck.....cups often break, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my lovely friend,what a beautiful set and how lucky you were to pick the missing saucer up ,see lots of lovely treasures down our way.
    You are doing so well with your blocks you will be caught up in no time,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful find. It is a beautiful set. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohooo! What a find! They really are so pretty and such a bargain. Have fun stitching all those SS blocks. I think you are marvellous having done them all so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your find. It was meant to be. The cup and saucers look wonderful, your grandmother will be doing a little jig. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to find the saucer...with extras..hehe.
    Sure you will catch up with Splending Sampler it will all fall into place. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great buy... that pile of SS blocks is growing. I got 12 of mine done over the weekend. 4 more are prepared and about 18 still to do.... mmmm.... we will get them done...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sew good you found the matching saucer and plate for your Nans cup...
    I'm playing with my SS blocks too. Maybe we should wait till the book comes out with all the patterns...LOL.
    hope you catch up with secret sewing and chores soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How brilliant to find the matching saucer and plates for your Nan's cup Michelle. I can imagine how thrilled you are, and the trio looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you never know what you're going to come across in a 2nd hand shop - so glad for you Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pleased that you finally found your saucer - maybe there is hope for me to find some more of the sunflower china I love! Good luck with those SS blocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely little tale. Just goes to show that perserverance pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh how wonderful to get the rest to make up Nana's set.... you can use it now ... with a place to put your tim tam! I am too so behind with SS blocks - I am planning a big session soon...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was a very lucky find!!! Don't they look lovely together.
    Good luck with all those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a coincidence....we visited my Mum's next door neighbour and she brought out the exact same trio for my Mum to use. It had been one of the neighbour's mother's favourite sets. I'd never seen the design before, but thought it was really sweet. How happy you must be to now have the full set.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lucky! I am like you and trawl for bits to complete sets, sometimes it works but the fun is in the looking I reckon. Finding is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful that you found the saucer to complete the set. Pays to rummage around in different places. I am sure you will catch up with the SS blocks in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your 'special' find and now the teacup set is complete - having a story like this about a particular item makes it all the more special..
    Oh and as for the splendid sampler - I think I have as many as you to catch up on, maybe even more...lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How lovely to find the missing saucer to that beautiful set Michelle. I'm sure the new year will see you working on SS once again

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Michelle
    I am happy for you, you found the Teacups
    I am looking forward for your Splendid Sampler Blocks

    I wish you a nice Advent Sunday
    Love regards Marika

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's such a lovley story Michelle, so pleased you now have a complete set!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You should have bought the set, then donated back the pieces you didn't want. That's what i did, hoping to make someone else's day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.