MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Retail Therapy and Trains Part One

Yesterday was my turn and today was Mr. R 's turn.
First my day. I spent the day with my dear friend Shez ......this was our  REAL date that we had planned. Shez is such a wonderful hostess and tour guide. First up was the Button Shop at Buninyong....oh my goodness I found it so hard to choose!
But choose I did! Next we popped into Brewin Imports also at Buninyong . If you love beautiful glass this is the studio for you....jewelry too....wonderful !
Shez knows I adore visiting Gails Patchwork Emporium  (so much so I am going back lol) It was heaven on a roll.....


I can't deny purchases.....evidence !
My wonderful tour guide and partner in crime....
Next was a delicious lunch....
Of course you do the waitress photo.....

Then of to the Ballarat Botanic Gardens.....
I took so many photos here that I am going to share them at the end of future posts because there are SO MANY ! There is an amazing glass house and this where special displays are held...we popped our heads in and Wow!
An absolute riot of colour.....beautiful real orchids were scattered amongst the "poor man's orchids"....


Within the gardens is a quaint little cottage which was moved to the gardens in 1934. It was the home of Australian poet Adam Lindsay Gordon....
The cottage is now a lovely little craft cottage showcasing local crafts people
It was the perfect finish to a wonderful day full of fun, friendship and perhaps some fabric.....not to mention those gardens!

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 

10 comments:

  1. All looks wonderful! The cottage is so charming ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly are making the most of your travelling time. Lovely to be able to share some of that time with Shez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun you two have had. Love Gail's also - such an amazing shop. Those quilts on the balcony are divine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad we had this day together my friend,lots of fun and chatting ,you are a wonderful friend and I have enjoyed our touring around ,the gardens were awesome and I am glad we went for a look ,ssshh I won't tell how much shopping you did,lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely day. so much to see and enjoy and with a good friend too!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful day you had with Shez, you guys manages to pack a lot in! I love Gails shop, so much to look at! The Botanic Gardens are beautiful..always something marvelous to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing place and super time you had.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ballarat is a gorgeous spot and Gail's is an amazing shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope there is plenty of room in your van for all these purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't Gail's patchwork a wonderland? And I love the Ballarat Botanic Gardens, my uncle and aunt live right near there, so I visit the gardens every time I visit them. Did you go to the POW memorial? My Dad's name is on the wall?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.