MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Some Old and Some New

I am happy to have my secret sewing done and too be able to get back to my regular stitching. In particular my Blessings blocks.....appliquing the circle down on block 8
And the last block, block 9 is all prepped and ready to go.
This is such a lovely design and I have really enjoyed it. I am a big fan of Robyn Falloon's designs. They are all beautiful. Even though the blocks are nearly done, there are a myriad of scrappy tongues to applique around the final borders.
As you know I have caught the clamshell bug...wonderful scrap buster! Well as I am doing them the EPP way I wanted to make sure that I could successfully get the rows together.....so I  decided to just stop wondering and see!

It did take me a while but was easy and now that I have a solid base to work from I think the future rows will be much easier. Question answered...I can take my time now. It is going to be fairly big 20 clamshells by 42 rows....that's a lotta clamshells!!
My drawing has been sorely neglected of late and I have been itching to get back to it. So in true domestic (NOT) goddess style I just made room on my messy dining room table and went for it....
I have been keen to combine elements from a couple of photos I took whilst away.
A rusty old holden ute, rusty star pickets and a Major Mitchell Cockatoo.
First some prelim sketching.

A bit more rearranging . ..
On to the nice new paper I bought and layers of coloured pencils are started.
And now the fun bit begins.....all those lovely layers of pencil to hopefully bring it to life. I know it's hard to see much at the moment.
Must get back to it. I hope you are enjoying whatever it is you are doing on this glorious Sunday.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 

20 comments:

  1. Great to see the clamshell progress there! Love your blessing block too. Your drawing is looking great, looking forward to seeing the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my lovely friend,its that time of the year for secret sewing,your blessings quilt is going to be beautiful,cant wait to see it finished.
    Oh Michelle your drawing is amazing ,love the layering of the pencils you can see everything start coming to life xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your clamshells are looking great Michelle. Look forward to seeing the finished drawing .. it looks wonderful even so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be a lovely drawing.....a great memory of your holiday! Those clamshells look good, don't they? I bet they don't bust much stash though......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with all those clamshells.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your drawing is lovely. I can just imagine looking at that scene...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy stitching your clamshells...
    Love your drawing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, can't wait to see that lovely pink cockatoo picture, and your clamshells are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blessings block and your clamshells are looking wonderful . The drawing looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clamshells are on my list. Maybe you'll be the inspiration for me to jump in and get started!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Michelle - looking forward to following the progress of your clamshells - and your drawing too. Enjoy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo must dig out my clamshells. Love yours. Looking forward to seeing your finished drawing. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. both Blessings and clamshells are such lovely projects.... looking forward to watching the progress of your drawing...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stitching is so fine, love it. I cant wait to see the final drawing, its looking really good, very Australian. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you have settled in back at home now. Lovely work with your projects. Have from with your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely to see how quickly you have jumped into your sewing and drawing. What a great holiday will do. Enjoy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your clamshells are coming along nicely. I love how you can make a drawing come to life with colour. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a busy girls you've been. Love how your clamshells are looking. I'm dying to start on these but must be good for another week or two. Bet you're glad to get back to your drawings

    ReplyDelete
  19. SO cool to get back to your beloved project! I cant wait to see the finished quilt, it's going to be just gorgeous! Love those clamshells too. Exciting drawing project :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. it's nice to be back to sewing we can share.......secrets out the door........

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.