MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, December 15, 2016

All Over the Shop

That's what this mornings post is. Firstly I have been hanging out at our beautiful Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens at the Richard Randall Art studio for my friends art sale.
It's a lovely space.....

We have been fortunate to have our time there extended until Sunday 4 pm.
I thought I would share the history of the studio and the artist.


I join with some dear friends and have a 12 days of Christmas swap....it is such fun! My secret santa this year is lovely friend Cheryl. We get to open a gift each day up to and including Christmas Day.
Day 1 was a lovely handmade Santa . 

Day 2....this morning, these adorable little frosties....love them! Cheryl always sends me a lovely handmade card and this year has a vintage frosty on it.
Santa's postie elf has been busy too.....2 lovely cards from the UK.
The Scottie dogs from a family member  and the sweet Beatrix Potter card from my friend Sue. Sue knows how much I love Beatrix Potter and her art.
Also 2 beautiful Christmas decorations for my tree....a delicate crocheted Angel from my friend Liz. It is just so sweet.
And a delightful Frosty stitchery  one from my dear mate up the hill Fiona....

I hope you can see the gorgeous thread she used....so lovely!
Well I hope you enjoyed my bit of  history and festive fun today.
I shall leave you with the view from  the back porch of the little studio.

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 

15 comments:

  1. wish i could go to your sale,hope you do well my friend,such lovely gifts from the girls,what a beautiful view from the back porch ,Namaste Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place for a sale! And all those gorgeous Christmas goodies, what a lovely festive time you are having. Somehow I missed your last posting too - slight late wishes for a successful sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic place. Love all your gifts. Your home is going to look very welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Christmasy swap presents........fabulous view!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I called in today and picked a few things.... Just a few secret squirrel things I like to do.... It such a beautiful space and i was welcomed by our friend Sandra ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely gifts, good luck with the sale. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post Michelle - that looks like a beautiful spot - your friend's art also is beautiful - hope you are getting lots of visitors! The 12 days swap is a great idea - what gorgeous cards and goodies you have received!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a beautiful place to be having your sale Michelle, was interesting to read about the artist. Great to see the vuilding moved and saved and then used for a similar purpose. You have received some wonderful happy mail, the swap goodies look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great for our modern artists to have a link with that historical place... lovely
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful setting for the art sale. Hope it is going well. And the gifts and cards you have received are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely lot of loot Michelle...xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful spot - looks so relaxing. Such beautiful cards and decorations you received. Glad you liked your little Frosty's xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some lovely treasures there...the 12 day swap will be a lot of fun, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.