MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, December 5, 2016

What An Afternoon

Well settle in folks....this is a long post! Best get a cuppa...I always knew that I had wonderful friends but Sunday afternoon they showed me just how wonderful !
My dear Daughter suggested a couple of weeks ago that we try a new high tea venue....that's our thing you see. I was very happy and looking forward to going.
We set out for our treat and suddenly DD was driving into one of my favourite places Berrinba Sanctuary .....as a regular visitor I knew there was no high tea to be had there ? ?? I was ushered up to the room where I actually have my art classes .... inside this greeted me.
Confusion definitely reigned supreme at this point, especially when I saw these two girls sitting there.
My lovely friends Sue (kiwikid) from Victoria and Raewyn (stitching farmgirl) from New Zealand.....also friend Fiona (bubzrugz) from Toowoomba was there too.
Now perhaps like I was, you are wondering WHY?
Well it seems that secret squirrel tables were turned on me and these beautiful friends of mine lead by Robyn decided they would ignore my refusal of help to recreate my treasured quilt that was stolen last year and do it themselves....in secret! As a special gift to me.
My reaction .....something like this !
Yes unattractive tears! This beautiful quilt was laid in this gorgeous box with a beautiful heart and work pouches with the left over fabrics .
Now I have photographic evidence of the skullduggery that went on from Queensland to Victoria across to New Zealand across to Norway, Canada, Indiana and Hagerstown USA....of my goodness! Unbelievable ! 
Secret stitching meet ups....
Basting took place....
And beautiful hand quilting. ..
Warmed my heart to see my best friend Ann sewing some of the binding down...
Finally the finished work of "heart"
I cannot express what this act of friendship and love has meant to me.
There was also lots of laughter and chatting and selfies...
Finally I did stop crying....lol!
And of course in every group....you get a few...you know the ones I mean, but you love them anyway lol!
On a serious note my dear friend Robyn made this happen for me...thank you ! Thanks to my dear Daughter for playing her part and getting me there and not spilling the beans.
So through my happy tears I can say my quilt has come home....different because this one is infused with love, kindness and friendship....I am truly blessed!
Oh! I have made sure this one goes nowhere.....I have a friend sitting on it to make absolutely certain!
There is a footnote....Robyn had lovely little booklets made to chart their journey. It contains photos and the girls favourite quotes....they know that I love beautiful words. Except this time they rendered me speechless...pretty big feat!
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx




32 comments:

  1. Such amazing 😉 ladies Michelle. Seams bloggers are very good at secret sewing.. and how nice that your DD helped with the surprise... enjoy your special quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful friends...enjoy your special quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely story - I shed a couple of tears too! What a bunch of wonderful friends to recreate your missing quilt for you, all done in secret, with the help of your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two secret quilts happening at the same time - hard for this little brain to keep straight. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special, precious story Michelle. Lump in throat and a tear in my eye just reading it! No wonder you cried :)) Wonderful friends, and I am so happy your quilt has 'come home'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Beautiful post Michelle :-) [You're making up for your moments of speechlessness! hehe]

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my dear sweet friend,we are the lucky ones for having you in our life.
    Watching the video of you receiving it made me cry,Robyn did an awesome job of organizing your surprise,oh Michelle it made my heart sing to see you so happy amongst your friends,Namaste my friend xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww Michelle. Beautiful post, bringing a tear to my eyes(happy tears). Glad to have been a part of the surprise. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Michelle.......how lovely is that! You are indeed blessed to have such wonderful loving friends, and your 'returned' quilt is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. just goes to show how special you are to so many..... so glad you have a remake of your special quilt at home now. What a fun afternoon ...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Very blessed. I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh... seriously I'm sitting here in tears! This is an stunning effort from everyone involved - Fiona is like the Secret Service or something, overseeing the construction of TWO secret quilts this year! Well done everyone.
    Michelle we were all gutted to read your words about the missing quilt & to see this is just so heart-warming... and now we can see it's in a very safe place & going nowhere. This post has seriously made my day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful. So glad that this came about and you have a mark 2 version of your beautiful quilt. Maybe the other one will find it's way home soon now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very special 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Michelle such a wonderful gift, full of love, just wish I had been part of it.
    Hugs R.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok... It was secret squirrel on drugs but it was soooooo much fun... Your friends are and were so helpful and supportive ... And you are one beautiful friend... Keep safe and catch you soon.....❣

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely friends you have Michelle, it says something about the wonderful person you are, when all those great ladies put so much time and love into the project. Take care, Guida.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Friends and love, life is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a special day. So much emotion. What beautiful friends you have so privilege to be part of this fantastic surprise. We all had so much fun along the way. You are a beautiful person.xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh Michelle I knew of the recreation of your missing quilt.Your post made me cry.Such a wonderfully kind feat by many hugs ofaigh

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh, what a dear friends you have, that are the angels on earth.
    I'm so happy for you that they made you this quilt and a beautiful bear is now watching it. What a great story !

    ReplyDelete
  22. It meant so much to many of us to do this for you. You do so much for us. We knew how devastated you were when it was taken. And while not the original we know how special this will be to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just so lovely Michelle so have so many beautiful friends. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a wonderful project.......the quilting community is amazing.......very special place in the universe to hang out at.........enjoy........

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Michelle,

    You have the best quilt ever now. The ladies even managed to get our Prime Minister on board!!!

    Enjoy your happy memories.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful post Michelle, bought a great big lump to my throat. What wonderful friends to secretly do all that for you. Your quilt looks great in its special place, you will have such lovely memories each time you look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Woohooo! You finally received it! LOL, I was wondering when the big day would be. The girls are so amazing as are you. IT was a terrible thing that happened to such a beautiful soul that you are.THis certainly restores one's faith in human kindness. May you enjoy many happy moments just looking at your quilt knowing that it was made with heaps of love. Angel hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What super special surprise! It's wonderful how quilters can pull together and share in a common good, with a few secrets if necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful story. Don't let this quilt leave your sight.

    ReplyDelete
  30. How special Michelle So pleased for you and the tears were understandable Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  31. Haven't they done a wonderful job.The work is lovely and I am impressed with how they pulled it together so quietly.
    A very special event for you!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have tears! Such a loving gesture! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.